An October 2014 report of a Navy investigation of materials used in construction may cause a delay in the commissioning of the USS ILLINOIS. This investigation is still underway as of January 2015. We will report more on this website when the Navy completes this review.
To read more about the investigation:
- Section 7-8 Hull Butt completed
- Bow arrived in Groton
- Section 2B-5 arrived in Groton
- All sections in Groton!
- Weapons Mod End Loaded
- CCSM Mod End Loaded
- Bow and 2B-5 currently being welded
- Pressure Hull complete ECD end of 2014
- 2015 Highlights will include
- Land Based Steaming
- Float Off
- Sea Trials